Anonymous Tip Can Lead To A DUI Stop and Investigation

By: Wallin & Klarich

The anonymous tip is becoming an increasingly annoyance to the drunken driver. More and more California DUI arrests are the result of another person making an anonymous phone call to police reporting what appears to be a drunk driver.

Unfortunately, courts are becoming increasingly more lenient in the legal requirements necessary to initiate a police stop based upon an anonymous tip.

Some of the most frequent calls to police are based on an individual’s belligerent behavior immediately prior to driving (at the bar or in the parking lot).

These calls can come from a bartender, bouncer, or bar patron. It’s important to be aware of your public conduct prior to driving – it could lead to a DUI stop and arrest.

Wallin & Klarich has over 30 years of experience handling DUI defense in California. Let Wallin & Klarich advise you and ensure your rights and freedom are protected under the law. Contact Wallin & Klarich for a consultation at 1-888-280-6839. Also, visit us online at to learn more about your case and what can be done.

Posted In: Criminal Defense