The consequences of having a California restraining order granted against you can be severe. If a restraining order is filed against you, it is of the utmost importance to retain the services of a qualified restraining order law firm to come to your defense. If you do not hire a law firm to defend you it is much more likely that the restraining order will be granted against you. If the restraining order is granted against you all of the following consequences may occur:
- The restraining order will likely be filed with the California Law Enforcement Telecommunications System which means if a law enforcement officer stops you, the restraining order will show up on your record for up to 5 years.
- If there is a restraining order violation you could face up to $1,000 in fines and up to one year in jail.
- The restraining order can be enforced against you anywhere in the State of California by any law enforcement agency that
has been notified of your restraining order.
- The court may order that you are excluded from your place of residence due to the granting of the restraining order.
- Your ability to travel may be restricted.
- You may be required to attend and complete a 52 week anger management or batterers program which is both time consuming and costly.
- If the restraining order includes your minor children then this will impact the amount of time you can spend with your children and will likely mean your child support obligation will be increased.
- You will have to immediately surrender any firearms that you own or that you may have in your possession.
- If a domestic violence restraining order is violated the court may order that upon request, the person who receives the restraining order be allowed to tape record all conversations with the person who has the restraining order granted against them.
When facing a restraining order hearing you will want to have an experienced restraining order law firm fighting for you. There is too much at stake to go to court without an experienced Los Angeles restraining order defense attorney. If you decide to not retain a lawyer to help you will likely regret it for years to come.
Call Wallin & Klarich Today
Please feel free to contact Wallin & Klarich for a free consultation. The attorneys at Wallin & Klarich are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week to answer your questions. You can reach us at (888) 280-6839 or visit our website at www.wklaw.com for more information.