December 10, 2012 By Wallin & Klarich

A Certificate of Rehabilitation is a court order declaring that a person convicted of a felony or a certain misdemeanor sex offense is now rehabilitated. If your petition for a Certificate of Rehabilitation is granted, it is automatically forwarded to the governor of California by the court and constitutes an application for a pardon. Wallin & Klarich has helped many of our clients in Riverside County from having to register as sex offenders by convincing the judge to grant the request for the Certificate of Rehabilitation.

What Does a Riverside Certificate of Rehabilitation or Governor’s Pardon Do?

Certificate of Rehabilitation RiversideIf you are convicted of a felony or certain misdemeanor sex crime and you reside in Riverside, you may apply to the superior court in Riverside County for a Certificate of Rehabilitation. Special laws apply to those convicted of sex offenses. If you were convicted of misdemeanor sex offenses specified in Penal Code section 290, you may apply if the conviction has been dismissed under Penal Code section 1203.4. If you were convicted of a felony offense under Penal Code section 286(c), 288, 288.5 or 289(j), you are not eligible for a Certificate of Rehabilitation.

A Certificate of Rehabilitation may relieve some offenders from having to register as a sex offender under Penal Code section 290.

The vast majority of those seeking a Certificate of Rehabilitation are registered sex offenders who want to stop having to register. One of our clients explained that every year the cops would show up at his house with what seemed like a SWAT team to make sure he was in compliance with his registration requirement. He said that it caused a huge scene and was both scary and embarrassing for himself and his family. The client’s Certificate of Rehabilitation was granted and he no longer has to go through that embarrassment every year.

A Certificate of Rehabilitation also serves as an automatic application for Governor’s Pardon in California.

Call a Riverside Post-Conviction Attorney at Wallin & Klarich

Riverside Criminal Defense AttorneyIf you or a loved one is in need of post-conviction relief in Riverside, you should seek a Certificate of Rehabilitation or Governor’s Pardon. At Wallin & Klarich, our attorneys have been successfully  helping our clients in Riverside County obtain post-conviction relief for over 30 years. Our skilled criminal defense attorneys know how to properly prepare an application for a Certificate of Rehabilitation or Governor’s Pardon so that you will have the best chance to have your request granted. We’ve helped thousands of people reduce the effects their criminal record has on their lives, and we can help you now. Call us today for a free, no obligation phone consultation.

With offices located in Los Angeles, Sherman Oaks, Torrance, Orange County, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino, Ventura, West Covina and Victorville, there is an experienced Wallin & Klarich criminal defense attorney available to help you no matter where you work or live.

Call us today at (888) 280-6839 so we can begin preparing an application for a Certificate of Rehabilitation and Governor’s Pardon for you today. We will be there when you call.

Contact Us
  •   17592 Irvine Blvd,
      Tustin, CA 92780
  •   (714) 730-5300
  •   (888) 280-6839
SCHEDULE YOUR free consultation

If you or a loved one have been accused of a crime, this is the time to contact us.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Copyright © 2024 Wallin & Klarich - All rights reserved

California Criminal Defense Lawyer Disclaimer: The legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor should it be considered the formation of a lawyer or attorney-client relationship. Any case results presented on the site are based upon the facts of a particular case and do not represent a promise or guarantee. The contents of this website may contain legal advertising. If you would like to find out more information about your particular legal matter, contact our office for a free telephonic consultation. This web site is not intended to solicit clients for matters outside of the state of California.