July 15, 2011 By Wallin & Klarich

A woman has been arrested on suspicion of drugging her estranged husband and cutting off his penis with a knife and throwing his penis in the garbage disposal and then turning the disposal on. Catherine Kieu Becker, appeared in court this week on felony charges of torture, aggravated mayhem as well as sentencing enhancements for great bodily injury and personal use of a knife. The maximum time she faces for these charges is life in prison with the possibility of parole.

These are very serious crimes which could expose you to numerous penalties not the least of which is potential long prison term.

Under Penal code section 206, if you, with the intent to cause cruel or extreme pain and suffering to another person for the purpose of revenge, extortion, persuasion, or for any sadistic purpose, inflicts great bodily injury upon the person of another, is guilty of torture. Torture is punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for a term of life.

In addition, to the torture charge, she is also being charged with aggravated mayhem. Under penal code 205, you are guilty of aggravated mayhem when you unlawfully, under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the physical or psychological well-being of another person,
intentionally causes permanent disability or disfigurement of another human being or deprives a human being of a limb, organ, or member of his or her body. Aggravated mayhem is a felony punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for life with the possibility of parole.

If you or a loved one have been accused or charged with this crime, it is very important that you speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney immediately, like the attorneys at Wallin & Klarich. We have over 30 years of experienced handling this type of matters and can assist you in obtaining the best possible result. Call the law firm of Wallin& Klarich today at, (888) 749-0034 to speak to an experienced criminal defense attorney about your case.

Contact Us
  •   17592 Irvine Blvd,
      Tustin, CA 92780
  •   (714) 730-5300
  •   (888) 280-6839
SCHEDULE YOUR free consultation

If you or a loved one have been accused of a crime, this is the time to contact us.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Copyright © 2024 Wallin & Klarich - All rights reserved

California Criminal Defense Lawyer Disclaimer: The legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor should it be considered the formation of a lawyer or attorney-client relationship. Any case results presented on the site are based upon the facts of a particular case and do not represent a promise or guarantee. The contents of this website may contain legal advertising. If you would like to find out more information about your particular legal matter, contact our office for a free telephonic consultation. This web site is not intended to solicit clients for matters outside of the state of California.