Published on:

California Divorce And Child Custody: Should I File Myself?

Have you ever tried to file for divorce or custody of your children on your own, and found the process extremely frustrating? If so, you are not alone! First of all, there are several forms to fill out. Thus, just figuring out what forms you need can give you a headache. Then, if you are able to fill out what forms you need, you still need to complete them out properly.

If you can eventually get the proper forms filled out, then what do you do? Well, you still need to: have the forms properly filed and served; make sure that your filing fee is taken care of and that you get a mediation date set up; have the court give you a hearing date; go to that hearing date and be able to successfully stand up to the opposing side and argue your case; and be able to draft and submit an order after hearing or final judgment.

This entire process can be extremely difficult to finish, as it sounds exhausting just thinking about it. For this reason, many who begin this process on their own, without a California family law attorney, are not able to get past the first stage of finding out what forms they need to start, let alone complete the process. Thus, if you want to save time and avoid the headache of attempting to do it on your own, call the experienced family law attorney’s and Wallin and Klarich. Wallin and Klarich has been in the business of helping people with their family law matters in their time of need for over 30 years and we would like to help you with yours! Please feel free to contact Wallin & Klarich for a free consultation. The attorneys at Wallin & Klarich are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your questions. You can reach us at 877-466-5245, or visit our website at www.wkfamilylaw.com for more information.

About Wallin & Klarich


Wallin & Klarich was established in 1981. Over the past 32 years, our law firm has helped tens of thousands of families in their time of legal need. Regardless of whether our clients faced criminal or DUI charges, the loss of their driving privilege, or wanted to clean up their criminal record, we have been there to help them.