The consequences of having a California restraining order granted against you are severe. If a restraining order is filed against you, it is of the utmost importance to retain the services of a qualified restraining order attorney in California to make sure that the restraining order against you is not granted. If you do not hire an attorney, it is much more likely that the restraining order will be granted against you which could result in one or all of the following devastating consequences:
- The restraining order will likely be filed with the California Law Enforcement Telecommunications System which means if a law enforcement officer stops you, the restraining order will show up on your record for up to 5 years.
- If you willfully and knowingly violate the restraining order, you could face up to $10,000 in fines and possible jail time.
- Restraining orders can be enforced in any place in the state by any law enforcement agency that has been notified of your restraining order. This means you are at risk of violating your restraining order almost anywhere you go.
- Impact on your child support payments. It is likely that the restraining order, if granted, will require your child support payments to be increased.
These are not the only negative consequences that can come from having a restraining order granted against you. Restraining orders can also restrict you from doing any or all of the following:
- Participation in 52 week batterers programs which not only are extremely time consuming, but also equally as expensive.
- No ownership or possession of firearms
- Limited or no contact with the party who filed the restraining order or any children involved. This includes all communication including cards or emails.
With such severe consequences stemming from a restraining order being granted against you, it is extremely important to hire an experienced Los Angeles restraining order lawyer that can fight for you so that a restraining order is not granted against you.
Wallin & Klarich has been handling restraining orders for over 30 years and have many attorneys to work on your case. You need a restraining order attorney to fight for your freedom aggressively and competently. Call Wallin & Klarich anytime at 1-800-749-0034 and talk to an attorney that will be able to correctly handle your restraining order matter today. Also visit our website at www.wklaw.com for additional information.