July 22, 2008 By Wallin & Klarich

Are you currently separated from your husband or wife and want to file for divorce in California, but your spouse is not cooperating? If this is the case, you are not alone!

Several times when spouses separate, one spouse could “care less” if they are ever officially divorced. Believe it or not, there are several of these spouses out there that figure that once they are separated and have moved on, that’s it. They do not bother to go to court to get a divorce!

This situation can be very problematic for several reasons, of which could take all day to list. Nonetheless, two of the most obvious reasons are the following: For one, neither spouse can remarry unless they are officially divorced. More importantly, if there is no divorce, and there is no will or trust involved, and one spouse passes away, the living spouse will most likely make a claim to the deceased spouses estate, even though the spouses may have been separated for years (and the probate proceedings will thus be very interesting, to say the least).

Thus, when there is an irreconcilable breakdown in the marriage and the marriage has come to an end; do not delay in making it official. Call the family law and criminal defense attorneys at Wallin and Klarich immediately so that we can help you initiate divorce proceedings by filing and serving your soon-to-be ex-spouse with a petition for dissolution of marriage. If your spouse is not cooperating and does not respond to the petition, this is not a problem! If your spouse does not respond within 30 days, then we can proceed with your divorce by default!

Wallin and Klarich has been in the business of helping people with their California family law matters in their time of need for over 30 years and we would like to help you with yours! Call us 888-749-0034 and visit our website www.wklaw.com.

Contact Us
  •   17592 Irvine Blvd,
      Tustin, CA 92780
  •   (714) 730-5300
  •   (888) 280-6839
SCHEDULE YOUR free consultation

If you or a loved one have been accused of a crime, this is the time to contact us.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Copyright © 2024 Wallin & Klarich - All rights reserved

California Criminal Defense Lawyer Disclaimer: The legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor should it be considered the formation of a lawyer or attorney-client relationship. Any case results presented on the site are based upon the facts of a particular case and do not represent a promise or guarantee. The contents of this website may contain legal advertising. If you would like to find out more information about your particular legal matter, contact our office for a free telephonic consultation. This web site is not intended to solicit clients for matters outside of the state of California.