June 20, 2008 By Wallin & Klarich

You’re in the process of getting a divorce and have been for six months; however, you must legally wait six months to be divorced. Because you’ve been in the process for six months does this mean you are legally divorced? No, you are not. All of the necessary paperwork must be filed with the court and your judgment must be completed in order for your marital status to be terminated. If for some crazy reason you wanted to get re-married or for other personal/financial reasons, you would not be able to do so.

If you wish to be remarried you must hire a Wallin & Klarich attorney to file a motion to bifurcate status. We can appear in court with you and terminate your marital status even with your case that is on going. Therefore, if you want to get re-married or have another reason to want to change your marital status, and your case has been going on for more than six months, the attorney’s at Wallin & Klarich can help you, so please call us now at 888-743-0034 and visit us at www.wkfamilylaw.com.

Contact Us
  •   17592 Irvine Blvd,
      Tustin, CA 92780
  •   (714) 730-5300
  •   (888) 280-6839
SCHEDULE YOUR free consultation

If you or a loved one have been accused of a crime, this is the time to contact us.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Copyright © 2024 Wallin & Klarich - All rights reserved

California Criminal Defense Lawyer Disclaimer: The legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor should it be considered the formation of a lawyer or attorney-client relationship. Any case results presented on the site are based upon the facts of a particular case and do not represent a promise or guarantee. The contents of this website may contain legal advertising. If you would like to find out more information about your particular legal matter, contact our office for a free telephonic consultation. This web site is not intended to solicit clients for matters outside of the state of California.