December 29, 2007 By Wallin & Klarich

You need to call the law firm of Wallin & Klarich. If a police office tried to call you, or perhaps left a business card at your door asking you to call, your best bet will be hiring an experienced criminal defense attorney. If the investigation is for a hit and run, or perhaps a child abuse case, or a domestic violence case, or any potentially criminal charge, you should not, repeat NOT, contact the police without counsel. We have been giving our clients at Wallin & Klarich 6 words of advice when they even think they are being investigated for a crime……”shut up, shut up, shut up”… It is rarely productive to give any statements to the police. What you say can and will be used against you in court. Words that you say that seem harmless at the time can haunt you down the road. The criminal defense attorneys at Wallin & Klarich know how to discuss the case with law enforcement. Allow us to run interference with the investigating agency and advise you what the status is. We can often convince the police not to submit the case to the prosecuting agency for filing or perhaps convince the District Attorney themselves not to file. Simply burying your head in the sand and hope it goes away is not the answer. If decisions are being made about your case, you need counsel to try to influence what they do. It is not in your best interest to discuss the case with law enforcement without counsel. You have a 5th Amendment right to remain silent. Exercise that right and call Wallin & Klarich. We will be here when you call.

Contact Us
  •   17592 Irvine Blvd,
      Tustin, CA 92780
  •   (714) 730-5300
  •   (888) 280-6839
SCHEDULE YOUR free consultation

If you or a loved one have been accused of a crime, this is the time to contact us.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Copyright © 2024 Wallin & Klarich - All rights reserved

California Criminal Defense Lawyer Disclaimer: The legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor should it be considered the formation of a lawyer or attorney-client relationship. Any case results presented on the site are based upon the facts of a particular case and do not represent a promise or guarantee. The contents of this website may contain legal advertising. If you would like to find out more information about your particular legal matter, contact our office for a free telephonic consultation. This web site is not intended to solicit clients for matters outside of the state of California.