If you find yourself accused of gross vehicular manslaughter in Los Angeles you will want to hire a Los Angeles Vehicular Manslaughter Attorney from Wallin and Klarich to help you win your case. There are many defenses that Wallin and Klarich have raised successfully in other cases we have defended. These defenses include:
1) You were not grossly negligent
You are grossly negligent when you act in a reckless way that a reasonable person would know creates a high risk of death or great bodily injury. To be convicted of gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, the prosecution must prove you were grossly negligent.
If your attorney from Wallin & Klarich can show that you were not grossly negligent under the circumstances, your case may be dismissed or reduced to a less serious charge.
2) You were not under the influence of alcohol or drugs
To be convicted under California Penal Code 191.5b, you must have been under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the offense. Your attorney from Wallin & Klarich may be able to argue:
• Your Breathalyzer Test results were inaccurate because of an error made by the police or the Breathalyzer machine.
• You appeared intoxicated because of factors unrelated to drugs or alcohol, like allergies, illness, exhaustion or nervousness.
• You could not perform the Field Sobriety Test because your physical or mental abilities were impaired by something unrelated to intoxication that made it difficult for you to perform the tests under the circumstances.
3) Failure by the police to follow proper procedures
The Constitution ensures that the police must follow certain procedures when investigating or charging you with a crime.
If the police illegally obtain any evidence against you by violating these constitutional guarantees, your gross vehicular manslaughter attorney from Wallin & Klarich may be able to ask the judge to have that evidence excluded.
4) Your actions were not the cause of the death
To be convicted of gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated, your actions must have been a substantial cause of the death to another human being. Your attorney from Wallin & Klarich may be able argue that your were not the cause of the death.
Call A Los Angeles Gross Vehicular Manslaughter Attorney
Wallin & Klarich has successfully defended clients charged with gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated for over thirty years. We understand that being charged with such a serious crime can be scary and upsetting.
We want to help make this difficult time a little bit easier for you and your family. Let one of our experienced gross vehicular manslaughter California criminal defense attorneys guide you through this complex criminal process.
You don’t have to go through this alone. You attorney from Wallin & Klarich will be there with you every step of the way. Call us today at (888) 280-6839 to speak with an experienced Los Angeles gross vehicular manslaughter attorney. We will get through this together.