If you are being charged with embezzlement in Riverside, you need to speak to an experienced criminal defense attorney immediately. Embezzlement is a serious crime, and you could face severe punishment if you are convicted of embezzlement. However, having an experienced Riverside embezzlement attorney defending you could be the difference between spending years in jail and being free.
Understanding Embezzlement Charges
In order to really know what our skilled Riverside defense lawyers can do for you, you first need to understand the crime of embezzlement. You are probably wondering how the crime of embezzlement differs from grand theft and embezzlement. While embezzlement is technically a form of theft, it is considered a separate crime under California Penal Code.
Grand theft is the taking of property valued over $950. Embezzlement requires additional elements, including that the person has a legal right to access or control the property that is wrongfully taken.
If you are convicted of misdemeanor grand theft embezzlement, you face up to one year in county jail and a $1,000 fine. Felony grand theft embezzlement carries a punishment of up to 3 years in county jail and fines of up to $10,000.
6 Things to Look for in a Riverside Embezzlement Attorney
If you are facing charges of embezzlement in Riverside, you need an attorney who has experience handling embezzlement cases. If you are searching for a Riverside embezzlement lawyer, here are six things you need to look for:
- Experience – Our skilled attorneys at Wallin & Klarich have over 30 years of experience successfully defending clients charged with felony grand theft regarding embezzlement cases.
- A law firm is better than a lawyer – At Wallin & Klarich, our team of attorneys work together to use their wealth of knowledge to help you obtain the best possible result in your case. Many criminal defense attorneys work by themselves. You should look for a law firm with a team of experienced embezzlement lawyers to help you with your case.
- A/V rated law firm – Martindale Hubbell is a well-respected law firm rating website. An A/V rating — which Wallin & Klarich has achieved — is the highest possible rating a law firm can achieve from the most prestigious peer review legal rating service in the United States.
- AVVO ratings – AVVO is another well-regarded lawyer review site. Every partner at Wallin & Klarich has the highest possible rating of 10/10 from this esteemed attorney rating service.
- Does the lawyer go to court where your case is pending? – It is important that you hire an attorney who goes to the court where your case is pending on a regular basis and knows the prosecutors, judges and personnel in that court. At Wallin & Klarich, our team of attorneys has been successfully defending clients in Riverside courts for over 30 years.
- Results and testimonials – It is important that you read past case results and client testimonials before hiring a law firm. This will help you get an idea of what previous clients are saying about the firm.
Call Wallin & Klarich if You are Charged with Embezzlement in Riverside
If you are being charged with embezzlement in Riverside, you need to speak to an experienced embezzlement attorney immediately. At Wallin & Klarich, our skilled attorneys have been successfully defending our clients in embezzlement cases for over 30 years. We’ve helped thousands of clients in Riverside in their time of legal need. Let us help you now.
Call our offices today at (888) 280-6839 for a free phone consultation. We will be there when you call.