In Orange County, just like in every other county in California, a charge of lewd acts in public can result in serious consequences. While this charge is considered a misdemeanor, one of the possible consequences could result in you having to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life. You could also face up to six months in county jail.
Our skilled criminal defense attorneys at Wallin & Klarich have been successfully defending our clients who have been accused of lewd conduct PC 647(a) for over 30 years. We know how to defend you against these serious charges.
Defenses to Lewd Acts in Public in Orange County
In many cases, our experienced lewd acts attorneys have been able to have the charges dismissed. In other cases, our criminal lawyers have been able to have the charges reduced to a non-sexual offense. In those cases, our clients were able to avoid sex offender registration under California Penal Code Section 290.
To be found guilty of committing a lewd act in public, the prosecution must prove all of the following:
- You willfully engaged in the touching of your own or another person’s genitals, buttocks or female breast;
- You did so with the intent to sexually arouse or gratify yourself or another person, or to annoy or offend another person;
- At the time you engaged in the conduct, you were in a public place or a place open to the public, or to public view;
- At the time you engaged in the conduct, someone else who might have been offended was present; AND
- You knew or reasonably should have known that another person who might have been offended by your conduct was present.
The attorneys at Wallin & Klarich will go over the facts of the case with you and will prepare a defense to help you obtain the best possible result in your case. If you want the best representation you can get, call the law offices of Wallin & Klarich today.
Call the Criminal Defense Attorneys at Wallin & Klarich
If you are being accused of committing lewd acts in public, you need to speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney right away. At Wallin and Klarich, our skilled attorneys have over 30 years of experience successfully defending people charged with lewd conduct in public. We will work to aggressively defend you by investigating all aspects of your case and to ensure that your rights are protected.
With offices located in Los Angeles, Sherman Oaks, Torrance, Orange County, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino, Ventura, West Covina and Victorville, there is an experienced Wallin & Klarich federal attorney available to help you no matter where you work or live.
Call us today at (888) 280-6839 for a free phone consultation. We will be there when you call.