We have represented over 10,000 people accused of DUI over a 30 plus year period. This is a question we are asked by the vast majority of clients who discuss their DUI case with our law firm. The State Bar of California has developed a 20 question list that is a very wise way to help you determine if you (or someone you love) may have a drinking problem. Please find this 20 question list below. Take a few moments to answer each of the questions and then you will be in a better position to be able to evaluate the status of your “drinking” health.
THE TWENTY QUESTIONS Of Alcohol/Drug Abuse
1. Do you lose time from work due to drinking/using?
2. Is drinking/using making your home life unhappy?
3. Do you drink/use because you are shy with other people?
4. Is drinking/using affecting your reputation?
5. Have you ever felt remorse after drinking/using?
6. Have you had financial difficulties as a result of drinking/using?
7. Do you turn to inferior companions and environments when drinking/using?
8. Does your drinking/using make you careless of your family’s welfare?
9. Has your ambition decreased since drinking/using?
10. Do you crave a drink/drug at a definite time of day?
11. Do you want a drink/drug the next morning?
12. Does drinking/using cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
13. Has your efficiency decreased since drinking/using?
14. Is drinking/using jeopardizing your job or business?
15. Do you drink/use to escape worries or trouble?
16. Do you drink/use alone?
17. Have you ever had a loss of memory as a result of drinking/using?
18. Has your physician ever treated you for drinking/using?
19. Do you drink/use to build up self-confidence?
20. Have you ever been to a hospital or institution (jail, etc.) because of drinking/using?
If you answered YES to any one of these questions, there is a DEFINITE WARNING that you have a problem with alcohol/drugs.
If you answered YES to any two of these questions, the CHANCES ARE that you have a problem with alcohol/drugs.
If you answered YES to three or more of these questions, you DEFINITELY have a problem with alcohol/drugs.
At Wallin & Klarich, our attorneys have been in practice for over 30 years and will always be there for you when you have a legal question or legal problem. Our only concern is that our clients do not get arrested for offenses related to abuse of alcohol or drugs. Call us for a free consultation, 888-280-6839. We will be there when you call.