Can I Get My Juvenile Records Sealed in Los Angeles

By: Wallin & Klarich

We get several calls each week from people who have suffered a prior juvenile criminal conviction(s), are now adults, and want to know if they can get this juvenile conviction off of their record. Fortunately, the answer to their question is yes! If eligible, individuals who have suffered criminal convictions as a juvenile can have their record sealed.

Moreover, when their record becomes sealed, all records of the person’s arrest, detention, prosecution, and conviction are physically sealed off and/or destroyed. This means that no one can view or obtain the record(s). Also, once the sealing occurs, the individual can say under penalty of perjury that they were never arrested or convicted.
buy cymbalta online no prescription

This can be very helpful when applying for jobs, applying for enlistment in the military, applying for credit, or other opportunities.

So who is eligible to have their juvenile criminal record sealed? The eligibility requirements are listed in the Welfare and Institutions Code. Under the Welfare and Institutions Code, the individual must meet the following criteria in order to have your juvenile criminal record sealed:

1. The individual must be at least 18 years old, or 5 years must have passed from the individual’s last arrest or discharge from probation; and 2. The individual must not have been convicted in an adult court of any felony or serious misdemeanor; and 3.
buy clomid online no prescription

The individual must be able to show that he or she is “rehabilitated”, meaning not currently engaged in criminal activity; and 4. The individual must not have sustained a Juvenile Petition for one of the serious felonies listed in Welfare and Institutions Code Section 707(b), where the individual was 14 years or older at the time of the offense.

We hope this gives you some helpful insight into the sealing of juvenile criminal records. If you or a loved one needs assistance with this process call Wallin and Klarich today. Wallin and Klarich has a team of highly skilled, aggressive juvenile criminal defense attorneys ready to take your call 7 days week, 24 hours a day! Wallin and Klarich has been in the business of helping people with their juvenile criminal matters for over 30 years and we would like to help you with yours! A qualified, experienced attorney from the firm will be able to evaluate your case when you call.

Posted In: Criminal Defense