I’ve been sentenced to serve jail time, but I have a job. Is there any way for me to serve my time while still going to work?

By: Wallin & Klarich

For people who have been convicted of lower-level crimes (misdemeanors) but still have work or school obligations, it may be possible to enroll in an inmate worker program – also referred to as “pay & stay.”
If permitted by the court, a convicted person can seek to work or attend school during the day and check into a city-run detainment facility in the evening. The inmate worker program is designed to be an alternative to serving a sentence in County Jail.
This is a fee-based program that is only available to qualified applicants. To help you with this process if it becomes necessary and to best ensure that your rights are protected, you need the legal counsel of a criminal defense attorney.
At Wallin & Klarich, our attorneys have been in practice for over 30 years and can help you achieve the best possible results in your case. Don’t let a mistake affect the important aspects of your life – call us today at 888-749-0034 or visit us online at www.wklaw.com. We will be there for you when you call.

Posted In: Criminal Appeals