California Restraining Orders Affords Protection Under the Law

By: Wallin & Klarich

Restraining Order, Do I need one to protect myself legally if someone is harassing or stalking me?

If someone is stalking, harassing, threatening you, etc. you can seek a civil harassment restraining order (RO). A civil harassment RO is appropriate if you are not related to, not married to, do not have children with, do not have a dating relationship, etc with the person that is stalking/harassing/threatening you. Civil harassment Restraining Orders in California are very common in situations where neighbors are not getting along and are causing problems and disrupting your life to the point where legal intervention is necessary. Contacting the police department will temporarily remedy the situation; however the police department will most likely inform you that it is best to seek a Restraining Order. If you have a RO and that person continues to harass/stalk/threaten you then the police can arrest that person for violating the Restraining Order.

Obtaining a restraining order requires at a lot of paperwork to be completed, filed, and served at specific points in time and at least two court appearances. Because it is a process most people are not familiar with it is important to retain a knowledgeable WK attorney to assist you in obtaining the Restraining Order. Wallin & Klarich has over 30 years of experience in Restraining Orders and can complete the process for you to ensure that you and your family are protected against the restrained person and future problems. Call Wallin & Klarich today to make an appointment to discuss your case with a knowledgeable Wallin & Klarich family law attorney in California. Call us at 888-749-0034. We will be there when you call.

Posted In: Family Law Issues