September 11, 2008 By Wallin & Klarich

Our experienced criminal defense lawyers in California frequently are contacted by family members of individuals who have plead guilty to a crime and been sentenced to serve time in state prison. These concerned family members want to know whether we can take their loved ones case back to court and ask the judge to modify the sentence or reduce the sentence.

In most cases, the judge that sentenced the defendant to prison only has a specific period of time in which he can recall the case and re-sentence the defendant. This typically happens when the judge realizes that some error has occurred, and it is done within 120 days of the original sentence. Other than that, in order to change the sentence, you have to have a criminal defense law firm review all of the facts of the case to see if there was a violation of the defendants constitutional rights. If we find that there has been such a violation then we can consider bringing a writ of habeas corpus on behalf of your loved one.

What we often find when we review a clients case is that often the lawyer that was representing the client at the outset of the case did not do what he should have done to properly defend the client The lesson to be learned is to do as much research as possible at the outset of a case so you select the most qualified Southern California criminal defense lawyer to defend your loved one.

When you’re looking for a lawyer, do your homework to make sure you hire a lawyer who really knows the law. Make sure your lawyer has the skill-set that will give you the best chance of a successful outcome.

If you are reading this article because you want to have your sentence modified, you should not give up hope. Instead, you should call us. We can review your case to see whether or not there were any violations of your loved ones constitutional rights or anything else that would give you a chance of modifying or reversing the outcome of the case that could lead to your loved ones freedom.

Check out our website at Check out our testimonials. Check out our blogs. Check out our lawyers. Check out our history and our case results. We think you’ll quickly realize that if anyone can help you, our California sentence modification attorneys can. Give us a call anytime, 888-749-0034, day or night, and ask us any question you like. We will be there when you contact us.

Contact Us
  •   17592 Irvine Blvd,
      Tustin, CA 92780
  •   (714) 730-5300
  •   (888) 280-6839
SCHEDULE YOUR free consultation

If you or a loved one have been accused of a crime, this is the time to contact us.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Copyright © 2024 Wallin & Klarich - All rights reserved

California Criminal Defense Lawyer Disclaimer: The legal information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor should it be considered the formation of a lawyer or attorney-client relationship. Any case results presented on the site are based upon the facts of a particular case and do not represent a promise or guarantee. The contents of this website may contain legal advertising. If you would like to find out more information about your particular legal matter, contact our office for a free telephonic consultation. This web site is not intended to solicit clients for matters outside of the state of California.