By: Wallin & Klarich

So you got caught with drugs. You’re already anxious about your court date. Am I going to get jail time? What am I going to do about work? Will they fire me? Well, rather than overwhelming yourself with all sorts of hypothetical scenarios, consult with an attorney and find out what you’re actually facing. Most felony drug possession charges carry a sentence range of 16 months, 2 years, or 3 years. If it’s a misdemeanor, then you could face only a maximum of 1 year in county jail. But the thought of any jail time freaks you out.

Chances are that you will be eligible for PC 1000. Assuming your possession offense in not coupled with a violent crime, you may be eligible for PC 1000 diversion. In other words, instead of doing jail/prison time, you could do drug counseling program. Depending on the program, you may have to complete 3-6 months or 1 year of drug treatment and education. Moreover, upon completion of the same and almost 1-2 yrs after pleading guilty to the drug offense, you may withdraw your guilty plea and replace it with a not guilty plea. How do you know you’re PC 1000 eligible? Well, it’s completely up to you. Call Wallin & Klarich today at 888.280.6839 to find out if you are eligible.

Posted In: Drug Offenses